Sunday, June 24, 2012

Spider House Cafe








Top, MinkPink/ Shorts, Vintage/ Handbag, Cavortress Vintage/ Shoes, Steve Madden/ Sunglasses, American Apparel/ Jewelry, Buffalo Exchange necklace, vintage rings, Pamela Love Arrowhead ring

Upon my arrival in Austin, I wasted no time applying for jobs.  After researching the best vintage stores in Austin, I hit Guadalupe St, otherwise known as "The Drag", where vintage stores reign supreme.  I went into each store with a confident attitude and a smile, hoping that someone would respond "Yes, we are hiring."  Although I left almost empty-handed, I did manage to snag this new necklace from Buffalo Exchange, while discovering my new favorite Austin Hangout; Spider House Cafe.  The Cafe/ Bar off of Guadalupe was the most eclectic and eccentric bar that I've been to in awhile.  I sat at an old wrought iron table with mis-matched plastic chairs.  To my right was an old bathtub in the middle of the courtyard, and to my left was a vintage soda vending machine.  Relaxed Indie-tunes played from the speakers while I sipped a glass of wine and people watched (more like tattoo watched; nearly everyone there was inked in body art and stories... can't wait to get my own!).  Long story short, I absolutely loved the vibe at Spider House!

No comments:

Post a Comment